Last updated: July 09, 2020
Election Commission of India ("us", "we", or "our") operates the website and the https://voterportal.eci.gov.in (the "Service").
1. Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
a. Personal Data
We need to collect information about you to make a registered user with the aspects of our voter portal services. While using Voter Portal, We mandate you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information for name inclusion in the electoral rolls, correction of particulars that can be used to enroll as a voter at ordinary residence places in your assembly constituency. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Full name
- Age or Date of Birth
- Phone number
- Address, State, District, Assembly Constituency, Province, ZIP/Postal code
- Disability(If any)
- Relative name
- Relation type of relative
- Document for proof of age or date of birth and address proof
- For overseas voter, we are required Passport detail, Visa detail and current residence address of outside of the country
b. Usage Data
Usage Data includes information such as your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
c. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser.
2. Use of Your Personal Data
Election Commission of India use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your requests: For inclusion of your name in electoral roll and New Voter Registration, Correction of Personal Particular, Migration within Assembly Constituency or Outside Assembly Constituency, Filing a complaint.
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the usage of our service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the service. The personal data you provide, can give you access to different functionalities of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact you by email, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
3. Retention of Your Personal Data
All information collected from the system at the time of registration and request for new voter registration, correction of particulars, objection/ deletion in electoral roll , address update in same assembly constituency and duplicate EPIC id that have been generated reference id, is retained as decided by the law for such duration, thereafter as required beneath any law in the intervening time in pressure.
4. Disclosure & Transfer of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Election Commission of India may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
5. Security of Your Personal Data
Any personal Information you provide to the Election Commision of India is kept on secure servers with limited access. The ECI uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard personal Information against loss, theft, unauthorized use or access, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the personal Information.
As a registered user, you have the right to access your profile at any time to add, or modify any registration information that you have supplied. You cannot manage the communications that you receive from us or how you receive them. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may cancel your registration.
7. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact us.
- Please contact us by email: email@example.com
- Election Commission of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi, 110001